Thursday, June 8, 2017

Moment in time writing/about to hatch

Moment in Time Writing Term 2 Week 3

WALT write "a moment in time" writing.
Specific goals (Please highlight yours)
  • I can support my ideas with detail  (Ideas)
  • I can communicate precise meaning related to the topic  (Vocabulary)
  • I can use language that is suitable to the topic, audience and purpose. (Structure & Language)

  1. About to Hatch (Add 3 sentences for each sense)
I can see: the egg cracking slowly.  
I can see:  the waves rolling in and out.

I can hear: the tide coming in and out.
I can hear the rock cracking slowly.  

I can smell: the salty water getting closer and going away.

I can feel: the rough surface on the egg.

I can taste: the salty air going into my mouth

Write your “moment in time” writing here using this format:
As I walk across the beach I see lots of rocky meteors  coming from space. Boom! Bang! I run away, trying not to get hit by the meteors.    
I can see a big crack in the rock, I think it is a dinosaur. When I look across the beach I can see the waves rolling in and out. When I look back at the rock I see lots of gel-like slime.
I can hear the tide coming in and out. When I look at the rock again, I can hear the rock cracking slowly. I can hear the strong wind blowing the sand.
I can smell the stinky slime coming from the rock. I can smell the salty sea air. I can smell lots of fish and wavy seaweed.
I can feel the strong wind blowing on me.   can feel the rough surface on the rock. I can feel the wind blowing sand in my face.
I can taste the salty sand when I breath in and out. I can taste tiny pebbles in my mouth as the rock cracks. I can taste the salty water hanging in the air.

As I look across the sea and back at the rock. BOOM! The rock explodes and out comes a DINOSAUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment